The Eye on the Sky guys are Mark Breen, Lawrence Hayes, Steve Maleski and Christopher Kurdek.
The Fairbanks Museum & Planetarium has been a weather observation site continuously since March 1894. Even before Franklin Fairbanks founded the Museum, he kept meticulous weather records at his family home in St. Johnsbury, Vermont during the 1850's and 1860's. Shortly after the Museum doors opened in 1891, Museum staff kept recording daily weather statistics for the newly formed Weather Bureau.
Data still kept at the Museum such as maximum and minimum temperatures, precipitation, relative humidity, wind direction and speed, barometric pressure and general character of the day represent the longest continuous record of weather at the same location in Vermont.